Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New You!


Did you make a resolution to eat better, and live better this year? If not what are you waiting for.


It’s a new year, re-invent a new you. Resolutions are great if we stick to them and see them through. New Year’s resolutions should always be simple, realistic and attainable. Let’s resolve to stick it out and see our resolutions through for 2011.

If your resolution is to lose weight, eat healthier, increase fiber or start a workout regiment start by establishing simple goals. For instance weight loss can begin with an increase in activity or healthier eating. Goals such planning a workout 3 days of the week on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays before or after work is a great start. Establishing days and time will help get you organized and keep you motivated. Healthier eating can begin with simple steps such as eating out less, taking a healthy lunch to work twice a week, adding a vegetable to at least one of your meals, snacking on fruits or limiting sugar intake by giving up sodas or replacing current whole calorie drinks with a low cal version.

Remember to stay focus and keep goals to a minimum until they have been mastered. Document your healthy new start in a journal. Outline 10 significant, realistic lifestyle changes you would like to achieve and set at least 2 goals to accomplish each change. Take at least a month to work on your goals; once you have integrated that change into your daily routine, you are now ready to move on to the next item on your list.

You can achieve a healthier lifestyle in 2011, by just remembering to never give up. Stay motivated; share your success and even your failures. Remain positive and surround yourself with positive individuals.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! So often we set large life changing goals and then get disappointed when we don't follow through. The idea of setting 2 mini goals to accomplish change is a great one! I've already printed this for easy reference as I'm always trying to create a healthier me...my downfall is soda I've tried and done it for a while before but I fell off the wagon...will try again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great information. Proud of you Michelle! I really do not make New Year resolutions. I began by setting some goals for myself this year. I exercise but I am not very discipline. My goals this year is to be more discipline, to incorporate more vegetable and fruits in my diet and to eat less (it is very difficult especially when you love to eat). A few years ago I cut sugar out of my diet. I realized that once I am active and eating right my mind, body and spirit is renew. I encourage everyone to be productive this year in the battle for weight loss and healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies.

    Jin, always start again even when you get discouraged, fall off or forget the purpose behind your sacrifices. As long as you are able to re-evalute and start again you are making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverly I understand the fascination with food. Most individuals love food. I am one of them. Just remember to eat small amounts and to never let hunger take over.
    As for activities find one that you love to do. I love to walk, hike and jog so when it’s time to begin my workout it's not burdensome because I'm doing what I love to do. Think about an activity that you enjoy and make a goal to do it every week for at least one day each week, do that for a month and then work your way up to 2 days. Exercising in steps sometimes trains our mind to be more persistent with our workout, and it prevents us from getting burnt out too fast.

    ReplyDelete