Thursday, January 28, 2010

Whole Body Nutrition


I created this blog as a result of my frustration in the nutrition and health community. I wanted to create a space where those who struggle to eat right, and live healthy lives can share, and learn. There are so much information circulating about diet, nutrition and health in general that one wonders which do I choose, whom shall I follow. Maybe I'll do a south beach type diet, or maybe I will do one of those fast food type diets I keep hearing about. Its apparent that all the advices that pop up on news reports, talk shows, blogs and such are not all working because Americans continue to lead in the race of "who can gain the most weight". Misinformation people, that's what I sum it all up to. Don't get me wrong some advice are good others are just plain dumb and too technical for my use.

Whole Body Nutrition is a blog about learning how to abandon unhealthy habits and relearn healthier ones. I will try to keep it as simple as I can for those of you who are out there struggling to eat salads 3 times a day, for those of you who pass up your favorite ice cream because you learned somewhere that it had too many calories. My approach is one of mind, body and spirit. I want you to love food and have no fears about eating!!!

3 comments:

  1. As the stats on overweight Americans and children continue to rise - we need this more than ever before. Even those of us who think we are "healthy" can use the help so thank you for sharing your knowledge. Hope you're open to questions as well because I'm sure many of us may have some...jin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great venue to host questions and get answers regarding health. I personally struggle with the bad foods, my body is always telling me that I need more veggies, less meats and more water. But, I easily get consumed with buying and eating the foods that are not good for me. Healthy food can be expensive, I think healthy foods should not be a luxury, processed food should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel I agree. Healthy foods are often times more expensive than the unhealthy ones. But as a consumer you have options. Sometimes it could be as simple as finding different venues that have the kind of food you should be eating for much less. I always encourage shoppers to take advantage of places like farmer's market, open door markets where you can get fresh fruits, vegetables and other food products cheaper than you normally would at the grocery stores. Not only are the food items at these venues cheaper, they are fresher and you will be supporting your local farmers as well.
    Also, it never hurts to budget. Spend less on the "bad for you foods" and use your savings to stack up on healthier options. Compare prices too you might be suprised that some of your pleasure foods are not as cheap as you thought when compared to some of the healthier ones.

    In the long run think about your health. You may pay more now for healthy foods but a lot less later for health problems usually brought on by an unhealthy diet because you will be healthy.

    ReplyDelete